DO'S AND DONT'S
Safety Tips on Mumbai - Pune Expressway
How to save a person's life in an accident
1. Ensure the scene is safe before approaching the victim. Look for any threat sign such as fuel, live electrical wires etc.
2. Avoid direct contact with blood and body fluids to ensure your own safety. Use disposable gloves before providing any emergency care.
3. Check to see if the victim responds by tapping the victim on her/his shoulder gently and asking "Are you ok?"
Call the emergency helpline number at 98224 98224 and report the incident
1. Incase of no response shift the victim to the police vehicle or ambulance using a stretcher / spine board. Ensure neck and spine remains in a secure position during this process and transportation.
2. Do NOT move the victim with a jerk. Victim could have a neck or back injury.
3. Perform CPR.
4. Heavy bleeding MUST be stopped. Apply and MAINTAIN pressure on the wound.
5. Do NOT attempt to remove any foreign object lodged in the body.
HOW TO PERFORM CPR
1. Kneel beside the victim. 2. Put the heel of your palm on the breast bone of the victim (between the two nipples). Place your other hand over that hand locking your fingers together.
3. Position your shoulders over the hand, keeping your arms straight.
4. Give 100 chest compressions in 60 seconds and then check for pulse. Compress the chest atleast 2 inches and allow the chest to rise completely before pressing down again.
5. Continue the cycle of 100 compressions and pulse check until you reach the hospital or the victim regains consciousness.